Your Tex Mex Camping Breakfast Burritos Recipe
Start your camping adventure right with a Tex Mex twist on breakfast! Even if you’re new to outdoor sleeping and cooking, this easy-to-follow recipe will have delicious campfire quesadillas ready in no time. We’ll show you how adding a few simple ingredients and spices can elevate your meal from total camper essentials to full-on Tex Mex flavors. Plus, the best part is that even the backcountry beginner can make these tasty quesadillas with no kitchen equipment – just an open flame over some hot coals! So grab yourself some tortillas, fresh veggies and cheese–it’s time to cook the most memorable camping breakfast yet!
Table of Contents
Camping Breakfast Burritos Ingredients:
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend)
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sour cream, hot sauce
- Preheat your campfire or stove to medium-high heat.
- In a large skillet, cook the breakfast sausage over medium-high heat until it is browned and crumbled.
- Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Pour the eggs into the skillet and scramble them with the sausage and vegetables until they are cooked through.
- Stir in the cheese and cilantro.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the flour tortillas. Roll up the tortillas to form burritos.
- Place the burritos in the skillet and cook until they are heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve the burritos hot, garnished with your choice of toppings.
Optional: You can also add additional ingredients to the burritos, such as diced potatoes or black beans, for a more complete meal. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed. Enjoy!
•This recipe is for a Tex-Mex style breakfast burrito that is perfect for camping.
• It includes ingredients such as breakfast sausage, onion, bell pepper, eggs, cheese, and cilantro.
• Optional toppings include diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sour cream and hot sauce.
• To make the burritos: cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned; add onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until tender; beat eggs in a small bowl before adding them into the skillet to scramble with sausage mixture; stir in cheese and cilantro; divide mixture evenly among tortillas before rolling up into burritos; place burritos in skillet and cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
Recommended Cast Iron Pan
One of the main reasons we like this skillet is because of the handles and the lid holders. It works well even at home. If you follow the typical cast iron cleaning rules you’ll find that nothing sticks to it as well.
A Link You May Enjoy
If camping is your middle name and boondocking is more than just a hobby, you’ll be excited to hear about this free campsite map. Whether you’re an expert camping guru looking for an exquisite camping spot or beginner looking for camping spots near home, there’s something here for everyone! With over 16,000 spots outlined in the map, there’s an adventure out there with your name on it. So pack up your camping gear and get ready for the camping trip of a lifetime thanks to this free campsite map!